SHANDON HOTEL & SPA NEW NORMAL COMMITMENT
Beats Bar & Marbles restaurant will be open to residents and non-residents, however, non-residents MUST book in advance for both Beats and Marbles. Beats Bar will be serving food from 12-9pm and beverages will be served to your table with over the counter service prohibited. You can book a table for food and drinks and there will be a maximum 1.5 hours per table. Due to government guidelines in relation to physical distancing, your table could be positioned in beats bar, in the lobby, McCarthy Suite or Jonjo’s bar, we will not be in a position to guarantee table position in advance.
Our luxury thermal spa will open with occupancy restrictions. Spa treatments and hair will be available but we highly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
With safety at the forefront of our minds, our leisure centre is open, however, you must also pre-book your slot. In both the spa and leisure centre, we are not in a position to offer hairdryers or showers to facilitate social distancing, health and safety. Residents will be asked to arrive in their robe and shower in their room. If you require a robe, please dial 0 and we will supply one for you.
We have put in place preparatory measures and guidance to assist our guests mitigate the potential risks posed to public health and our business by the Coronavirus (Covid-19). We are continuing to update our guidelines and procedures in line with HSE recommendations, to ensure we keep our guests and team safe when we reopen and afford you the peace of mind that will allow you to relax and enjoy a wonderful Shandon experience while staying with us or visiting us for the day.
We have missed doing what we do best and the entire team and I will be thrilled to look after you when we open our doors again.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING TERMS
Your safety and that of those around you continues to be our main priority, therefore we have temporarily changed our cancellation policy to include a Covid-19 clause. Should you develop a new and consistent cough and/or a fever prior to your arrival, we ask that you do not attempt to travel. Instead we will offer you the option of changing the date of your reservation, holding your existing payment as credit against a future booking or offer a full refund.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Within your confirmation email, there will be a link that outlines all the temporary changes to our normal services in line with health and safety, along with all the menus and information you’ll require throughout your stay. The idea to reduce ‘touch-points’ therefore printed menu booklets will no longer be available.
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REVIEW THIS LINK BEFORE ARRIVAL SO YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH OUR CHANGES AND COMFORTABLE TO COME AND STAY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY COMPLAINTS WHICH ARE IN RELATION TO OUR COVID-19 MEASURES WHICH ARE DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU SAFE.
The link includes:
- Covid 19 our hygiene promise
- Your accommodation & changes regarding it
- Food & beverage services
- Spa services
- Breakfast menu
- Beats bar menu
- Drinks menu
- Marbles restaurant menu
- Guest directory
- Spa drinks menu
- Spa treatment menu
- Hair treatment menu
Our services have all been revised to alleviate risk and ensure ease of service in line with HSE guidelines.
THE WELL-BEING OF OUR EMPLOYEES & GUESTS
We would ask that any customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We would also ask that any customers that may have visited the countries affected by COVID-19, as updated by the HSE information here, or have been in contact with a confirmed case please postpone their visit.
We will review regularly and update as the situation evolves, keeping policies and procedures relating to Covid-19 under ongoing review. This information has been developed based on HSE and World Health Organisation Draft Guidelines and does not constitute legal advice and is purely for guidance.
We operate highest levels of cleaning as best practice and we have increased these levels throughout the hotel. We have introduced constant sterilising of identified touch-points across all public areas and will continue this process going forward.
We have identified a team of management and staff to handle all issues in relation to COVID-19 and contact numbers have been shared internally.
This team will ensure appropriate communication and coordination between different departments
(front desk, housekeeping, laundry, day and night managers and food and beverage).
The Shandon Hotel & Spa has developed a (written) preparedness plan for a suspected case(s) of COVID-19 at the hotel, covering:
The safe isolation of any suspected case(s) of COVID-19: We have identified isolation room(s) which are located away from lifts.
We will Guide the guest(s) to an isolation room straight away and contact the Health Services Executive (see below). We will ensure that the guest has access to communication through a room phone or mobile phone (with charger). If the guest has a GP / Doctor in Ireland, we will inform them that they should phone them without delay and inform the GP of their travel history and symptoms. Otherwise the guest will be advised to phone 112 or 999 without delay. The hotel will notify the HSE by phone that a guest may have COVID-19. (Call save: 1850 24 1850, Phone: 041 6850300) The HSE will designate a health official who will take control of safe transfer to a hospital if required. In advance of response from HSE, we will attempt to identifying close contacts of the suspected case in the hotel and retain their contact details and location to share with the health official. We will lock down the original guest room until it can be professionally cleaned. Cleaning and decontamination of affected room(s), areas, laundry, objects and safe disposal of tissues, face-masks etc. left by suspected case(s). We will consider setting up a contract with a professional cleaning company who will be able to provide the necessary services, if and when they are required.
Simple measures to help prevent spread of COVID-19 which we have taken in our hotel:
- Your temperature will be taken on check in to the spa and hotel, for day guests we reserve the right to take your temperature on an ad-hoc basis. Should you have a fever, we reserve the right to ask you to re-schedule your visit to us
- All customer facing team members will wear a face shield
- Spa Therapists, Beauty Therapists and Hair Stylists will wear a face mask and where necessary a face shield
- All staff on duty at the resort will have had their temperature taken before their shift commences and are fully trained in prevention measures. No team member will be on site if they have a fever or if they have any Covid-19 Symptoms
- Dining will incorporate 1 metre of physical distance between each table, we ask you to remain seated and to adhere to physical distance between you and other guests and our team as much as possible
- We require all customers to wear a face mask as they mve around the resort
- We promote regular hand-washing by displaying posters in customer and employee WCs encouraging good handwashing practice with soap and water. We have prominently displayed alcohol-based hand sanitisers in various areas.
- We carry out regular cleaning of public areas, elevators etc. to an excellent standard using disinfectant
Ongoing measures to reduce the impact of a COVID-19 outbreak:
• Continue with PREVENT measures (hand washing, respiratory hygiene, regular cleaning of surfaces and objects)
• We will continue to review guidance provided by the relevant authorities including the HSE, Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC)
and the Department of Foreign Affairs.
For further information, please visit HSE website or click here
We ask for your patience as we navigate the new normal, temporary changes are as follows:
- Enhanced cleaning is required in bedrooms, therefore our temporary check in and check out times are as follows: Check out 11am sharp, Check in 4pm. We ask that you check out promptly and we also ask for your patience because we cannot guarantee check in at 4pm. 4pm will be the earliest you can check in and it is not guaranteed.
- Rooms will no longer be serviced if you are staying 2 nights or less, each day, fresh towels will be provided along with sundries. We ask that you place your rubbish bin outside along with the bag provided for used towels before 10am daily. If you require for your room to be cleaned for any reason or vacuumed, please request this as before 10am and note that we will need at least one hour to totally dis-infect your room again. Any entry to your room by our team will require full sanitisation. Please only leave towels out that you wish to have replaced in line with our eco-friendly policy.
- We ask that only one couple or family use the lift at one time.
- We are not in the position to offer late check outs or early check in times at present.
- Our lobby settees have been removed temporarily as it is not possible to safely manage casual seating because it would be impossible to sanitise without scheduled time slots, we apologise for any inconvenience in that regard.
- Our spa is open with occupancy restrictions, booking in advance is necessary and subject to availability due to restrictions on capacity in line with social distancing requirements and cleaning schedules. Our Thermal Spa will operate a managed rotation and per facility to allow physical distancing and sterilizing between groups. We will not be able to provide facials until later in the year however, massages and a range of other safe treatments will be available.
- Our leisure centre is open but you must pre-book
- Residents must wear their robe to and from the spa and lesiure centre. Showers and hairdryers are not available and we ask that residents shower in their room.