Careers at the Shandon Hotel & Spa
Make 2019 the biggest year in your career life to date and be part of the team who will continue to create Donegal’s finest new 4* along the Wild Atlantic Way. The Shandon Hotel & Spa is NOT seasonal, we can offer you secure work all year round
Restaurant & Banqueting Manager (Full Time)
Oversee & manage our busy food and beverage operations to include, breakfast, afternoon teas, restaurant, conferences and events.
You’ll be responsible for a team of up to 30 staff ensuring the highest of standards in training, logistics and service excellence.
You’ll work closely with the Executive Chef, Wedding Coordinator and General Manager to ensure seamless operations of the food outlets you are responsible for.
Experience and knowledge of operating various booking systems would be an advantage.
We are looking for a highly motivated, positive addition to our team who has an eye for detail and has excellent leadership qualities.
Excellent package and bonus structure for the right candidate.
E-mail CV to the General Manager, Carolynne Harrison email@example.com
Food & Beverage Service Staff (Full Time & Part Time Permanent)
Responsibilities will include:
- To greet guests in a warm, friendly manner
- To ensure the work stations are correctly set up ready for service
- To inspect service area prior to beginning service to ensure all the necessary tools are to hand that the area is neat, clean and tidy
- To promote and sell the resorts facilities at all times
- To ensure that any lost items are declared and recorded in line with hotel policy
- To serve customers professionally, promptly and with warmth
- To upsell the various food, beverages and other facilities in the hotel
- To report any maintenance issues immediately
- To adhere to all Company policies including Customer Care, Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Cash Handling etc
- Effective communication with other employees to ensure the day to day business runs smoothly
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have previous experience in a similar role in a hotel
- Be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of service
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi task
- Must be standards driven and detail orientated, with the desire to progress within the hospitality industry
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Communicate fluently in English (written & oral).
- You must have the ability to walk and stand during your entire shift.
please send covering letter & CV to
Please ensure that you clearly highlight in the subject line what position you wish to apply for along with your availability for full or part time work.
Additional Current Positions
- Restaurant Waiter Full & Part Time
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Breakfast Waiter
- Senior Hair Stylist
- Trainee Hair Stylist
- Spa Therapist
- Spa Attendant
Shandon Hotel & Spa
FAO General Manager – Carolynne Harrison
Marble Hill Strand
Port Na Blagh
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.